Transystem 860E/MTK3329 driver issue in Mac OS X

jeffb's picture

It appears the Mac OS X drivers on Transystem's website for the 860E no longer work with newer versions of MacOS > 10.9.  I've done some digging, and it appears this device uses a Silicon Labs CP210x USB Bridge chip, but the current VCP drivers on their website do not seem to work for the 860E (I do not see the serial devices in /dev anymore).

Has anyone figured out this issue?  I've been trying to get support from Transystem, MTK, and Silicon Labs, but I haven't made any progress.

I think the issue is that the new drivers need to be configured with the MT3329's USB "VID/PID".  SiLab's website has a form where you can get customized drivers (http://community.silabs.com/t5/Interface-Knowledge-Base/Mac-VCP-Driver-C...), but you need to know the CP210x part number in the form, and I haven't been able to find out that information.  I believe I've found the VID/PID, so that's the last bit if info I think I need.

Does anyone know CP210x part is used in the MT3329?  I haven't been able to find a datasheet or anything for the MT3329 online.

Thanks.

Post new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p> <br>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Use the special tag [adsense:format:slot] or [adsense:format:[group]:[channel][:slot]] or [adsense:block:location] to display Google AdSense ads.
  • Images can be added to this post.

More information about formatting options

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.