I currently use a Holux M241, and the features I like most are
- AA battery: you can get them anywhere on this world
- Display showing coordinates or velocity or distance
- Good cooperation with BT747
However, the memory for 131000 track points (less with newer firmware) is a bit tiny for any holiday of more than a week.
I found the "Locosys GPS Walker" with about 2 GBytes of Memory (and a built-in mp3-player, who needs that?), but that thing has some disadvantages:
- no display of coordinates
- If velocity is shown, the backlight is always on (although also the direction to a previously stored point is shown, which is a nice homing-feature)
- cooperation with BT747 is rather tricky. Somehow I managed to get the html output anyway.
- it is a bit unreliable, sometimes it turns itself, or only GPS logging, just off.
Anyone knows a M241 with ten times its memory?